Anyone who knows me knows that I have a very strong dislike for change. I want life to remain steady.  I want to be able to count on what will happen in the next moment.  I want to know that I have control over the happenings of my life. Change brings uncertainty that sets my heart to panic.  Change overwhelms me to the point of tears.  Change makes me feel like crawling in a deep hole to avoid what is coming.  Change makes me feel out of control.  But, I also understand that change is good.  Without change there is no growth.  Without growth the mind and the body will become stagnate.  So, in the comfort of remaining the same I must face the reality that change is needed and should be welcomed. One thing that does not change is God.  He is a constant source of truth that never changes.  God remains the same yesterday, today, and for the future.  He provides for my every need even when I think it will be impossible. The reality that I must daily set my mind on is that I am not in control, but there is one who is ultimately in complete control. James 1:17 says, " Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."  Wow!  Read that again!  God gives good gifts, and he does not change. So, when I can't count on all the things in life that seem to continually change, I can rest in knowing that God in his grace and mercy will not change.  I can sit back, take a big deep cleansing breath, and find peace in not knowing what is next because God has got this.  I don't have to feel panic or overwhelmed.  I can find joy in knowing that God will meet me where I am.  I can find joy in change because God is all-knowing and in control of my every moment, day, and day to come.  Dear friend, I hope you can find joy in all that is changing.  You are not fighting this battle alone.  I am in the battle with you. Remember to look up and seek the One who is in ultimate control of all that is changing and know that there is nothing that he does not know and nothing is out of his control. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog