Glorious Resurrection family and friends,
     I have had to work really hard this week to make sure that I was finding reasons for joy and opportunities to praise.  I have to admit this quarantine feels like it is going to make me insane.  I miss being with my people!!  One of my greatest joys and reasons for praise this week has been that my daughter was able to come home after a 2 week absence because of my husband, son, and I having to be quarantined.  It has been such a joy to see her face and have a conversation with another female in person. It blessed this momma's heart to be able to have her (and her boyfriend) and my boys here to spend the morning watching the Easter Service and have a meal together after. By the way, we all seem to be healthy in the physical sense.  We might be driving each other a bit crazy because let's face it living with introverts (love them I truly do!) is extremely hard on an extrovert in quarantine.   But, enough of my selfish whining at least we are healthy, and we have this day to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 
     This week I have been thinking a lot about the Lord's plans for my life.  I definitely thought I had them all figured out up to this point.  It is easy to question God when it looks like things are out of control or different than what we expected.  It is easy to be mad about all the plans that have been cancelled and just want to sit down and throw a big 2 year old tantrum.  In Jeremiah 29:11, we find that the Lord knows what our future holds and get this He wants us to have hope.  Wow, hope is a small but huge word when things appear to be bleak.  What hope do you have today?  Do you have a hope for your future, for an eternity with Jesus?  Nothing else on this earth really matters in the grand scheme of things.  In our humanness, we can only see today and when today is not what we hoped for we feel rejected and denied what we feel we deserve.  But, truly we do not deserve a thing.  Yeah, I know that really stinks when I have to say it out loud.  So, we search for answers that will make us feel better, and the answers are only with God.  In Romans 8:28, it says that we who love God have a purpose and all things will work out according to God's good.  To me that says that it is not about me, it never was about me.  My life has always been in God's hands.  He has always had a perfect and good plan for me.  So, once I again I am faced with asking myself, "what if God wants me to change my perspective?"  Will I answer his call to look up and not leave the God that so loved us that He gave his one and only son to take on all my rotten attitudes, selfish desires, and reprehensible actions?  God and only God can get us through this crazy time right now.  He know about the isolation we feel.  He knows the desire to see our friends on something other than a zoom screen.  He knows our very heart.  Turn your eyes upon Jesus this very moment and let Him be your source of peace, joy, and praise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog