I don't know about the rest of you, but life can really get me down especially when I have to go to the grocery store.  It is not the lack of toilet paper, cleaning supplies, or limits on certain items.  It is seeing people with a fear of standing next to someone or even talking to someone.  It is the standing 6 feet apart from everyone.  Don't get me wrong I get why we are doing this and how important it is to stop the cycle of this pandemic.  BUT for an extrovert who looks for people to talk to, it is hard to avoid people.  Some days I just want to cry.  One thing is for sure when this is all over I will not take for granted the freedom to talk to whoever I want. 
So, for today I just need to focus on what I have to be grateful for in the here and now.  I have a healthy family, my hubby has a job, I have a home, I have an amazing church family, and the sun is shining.  I am going to choose to focus on Psalm 18:28. "For it is you who light my lamp: the LORD my God lightens my darkness."  In darkness, discouragement, and irritation with life I can find joy because the LORD lights my lamp and makes a light in the darkness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog